We approach the most magical time of year, when streets shine with excitement, and the scent of chestnuts fills up the city, when laughter and dreams fly along with imagination.
In this atmosphere of shared emotions, the best plans to tour the island with friends and family can’t be left out:
- Nativity scenes route around Palma: A Christmas classic is to visit the full-detailed exhibited Nativity scenes. We love the Belén (Nativity scene)Mallorquín de Cort, the one in Consell de Mallorca and the Belén in the Cultural Centre of Misericordia.
- Wandering around the illuminated streets covered in beautiful typical seasonal lights.
- Christmas markets: They can’t be left out, one of the top plans! Full of original gifts, food stands, shows, live music... You can’t miss Christmas Market Puerto Portals, from December 18th to January 6th. In Palma, you may find lots of stands in Fira del Nadal, which runs along Plaza Mayor, the Ramblas and Plaza España.
- It’s not a proper Christmas until you’ve had a hot chocolate and a quart from Ca’n Joan de s’Aigo. Another must is the nougat from the Covent of Santa Clara, delicious!
- The traditional chant of theSibil.la on December 24th at the Cathedral, as well as the New Year’s Eve concert in Theatre Principal are two essentials.
- And to end the Christmas hangover: the Three King’s Landing, who arrive every year to Puerto Portals lighting up the faces of the excited children who await anxiously for the magic of Christmas.